...quiet. I shut the curtains on half a dozen tan smiles. I know that our piece of sidewalk is nicer for sitting on because it has a lower level for you feet, but somehow I feel watched. And at the same time, guilty for wanting to crawl in my nice safe hole, when I came here to tell them about the One who will "in no wise cast out". The kids are in bed - half of them fell asleep a few minutes after the light went out. Taylor's working late trying to be ready for cut over at work next week. For once, I don't even feel like turning on the music. Somehow the duet of the box fan and the crickets is too pleasant to interrupt. This week has been something. It's the busiest week of the year for Taylor at work, but he's done such a good job to try to be around and supportive for us. As I look at the roses he gave me on the table, I'm thankful all over again for his thoughtfulness. Levi's broken collar bone seems to be healing fine, but has left him just a little bit whiny. Plus, I miss him every time I want something heavy carried in and have to go back and do it myself. :) It seems like the Lord may be moving to open up the study lounge downstairs, as it seems He has dropped the lynch-pin assistant into our laps. This leaves us with lots of planning and prep work to begin. And is very Exciting!! Or rather it should be. My brain is just. so. tired.
I know that He knows exactly what He's doing. And I can't wait to find out what it is. I also know that His timing is perfect...and that THIS week, I will do what he has given me to do THIS week.
"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world giveth give I unto you..."
"Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God and the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
No comments:
Post a Comment