Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Fair Gratitude
The kids and I were reading in The Giant Killer, by A.L.O.E. the other day, and got to the part where the champion finds and rescues the fair maiden, Gratitude. Her enemy, the giant Pride, had chased her until she had gotten lost in the dreary swamp called Forgetfulness. I couldn't help but smile, because the night before, I had been so enjoying Ann Voskamp's blog post about the very thing. And oh wait...what I read with Glory that day was Romans 1, about how they were inexcusable who knew God, but glorified Him not as God - and neither were they THANKFUL. I'm still working on the nitty-gritty of how to keep this focus of gratitude in my life in practical ways. But at least I get it, that this is something that I need focus on, because it seems to be something that my King puts a premium on...and something very, very healthy for the hearts of His children.
Labels:
heart issues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm noticing (thanks to Ann Voskamp's influence, I'm sure!) how often thanks is mentioned in connection to prayer. I'm right there with you!
ReplyDelete